This was a personal project based on a stock steampunk prop procured at my local Costume Holiday House retail store. I wanted to see if I could improve on the design and appearance, while still maintaining durability. For example, I have found that employing vacuum tubes in any design requires the use of some sort of bracing or shielding around them as shatter protection. I also used UV/glow-in-the-dark paint instead of electronic LEDs, as an experiment in getting away from having to depend on battery power. Overall, I regard this project as a success, perhaps paving the way for future constructs of a similar nature.