Sabins Gadgeteering Lab is open to take commissions for custom designs. The following rules outline this process:
1. Dr. Sabins consults with you to determine the design of your work with you, and any specifications to that design that you require.
2. Once that is decided, an estimate is drawn up for the raw materials, labor, and overhead costs that your item will require. If this price is to your satisfaction, you will be requested to pay at least half of the estimate up front. The remainder of charges and the shipping are to be paid prior to shipment.
3. Dr. Sabins charges a modest but fair rate for his labor and consultation time, and the first hour of any consultation is free.
4. Keep in mind that the design of your custom creation will always depend on the technology and techniques available to the Lab.
5. Shipping is usually calculated by United States Post Office Priority Mail rates, and USPS can ship to anywhere within the continental United States. If we are making an odd-sized custom prop for you, we can arrange for other custom shipping options as well.
6. If a device does not function to your satisfaction, you are eligible for up to 2 repairs at no additional charge and all postage paid, depending on the size and complexity of the repair. If completely unsatisfied with your purchase, we will offer to refund your money. Please use the Contact link for specifics.
3-D Printing Services
Sabins Gadgeteering Lab can also operate as a print hub for creating small 3-D printed objects.
The following rules outline this process:
1. You can supply the file to be printed from, in .STL (stereo lithographic) format. Custom-modeled files can be created by Dr. Sabins as well, but at a modest and fair rate for labor. Once completed, you can be sent a copy of the file created for you in .STL format.
2. The final printed object size must fit within a cube that is 20 cm (7.87 inch) on all sides (height, width, depth). Larger objects can be assembled from multiple prints.
3. Dr. Sabins will compose a quote for printing based on the amount of material used, machine time used, setup time, and all copies. If this price is to your satisfaction, you will be requested to pay at least half of the estimate up front. The remainder of charges and the shipping are to be paid prior to shipment.
You can contact Dr. Sabins or his staff of minions on the Contact page.