Sabins Gadgeteering Lab is open to take commissions for custom designs. The following rules outline this process:
1. Dr. Sabins consults with you to determine the design of your work with you, and any specifications to that design that you require.
2. Once that is decided, an estimate is drawn up for the raw materials, labor, and overhead costs that your item will require. If this price is to your satisfaction, you will be requested to pay at least half of the estimate up front. The remainder of charges and the shipping are to be paid prior to shipment.
3. Dr. Sabins charges a modest but fair rate for his labor and in-person consultation time, and the first hour of any in-person meeting is free.
4. We’re sorry, but this company cannot replicate any existing product that violates trade or intellectual copyright. What can be done, however, is to create similarly inspired works within certain limitations. Please use the Contact link for specifics.
5. Keep in mind that the design of your custom creation will always depend on the technology and techniques available to the Lab.
6. Shipping is usually calculated by United States Post Office Priority Mail rates, and USPS can ship to anywhere within the continental United States. If we are making an odd-sized custom prop for you, we can arrange for other custom shipping options as well.
7. If a device does not function to your satisfaction, you are eligible for up to 2 repairs at no additional charge and all postage paid, depending on the size and complexity of the repair. If completely unsatisfied with your purchase, we will offer to refund your money. Please use the Contact link for specifics.
You can contact Dr. Sabins or his staff of minions on the Contact page.